These Terms set out the basis upon which you (“Users”, “you”, “your”) can access and use Aster E-Platforms in the United Arab Emirates, to buy Products and have them delivered to you (“Services”).
These Terms, include, and are supplemented by, other terms and conditions contained within the Platform that are more specific to the use of particular parts of this Platform and completely replaces any prior agreements, if any, between you and us. In the event of any inconsistency, the terms and conditions specific to a part of the Platform prevail.
DISCLAIMER: DO NOT USE THIS PLATFORM FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS, if you experience a medical emergency please contact ambulance within your immediate neighborhood.
- By accessing Aster E-Platforms, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with any of the Terms, your sole recourse is to stop using Aster E-Platforms immediately.
- The Company may amend these Terms at any time without prior notification by posting an updated version of the Terms on Aster E-Platforms. The Company encourages you to check Aster E-Platforms regularly for any amendments to the Terms. The Company shall not be held liable for any failure to notify of changes in the Terms. Your continued use of Aster E-Platforms will constitute your express consent to these Terms.
- Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights, either as a consumer of services or otherwise as prescribed under the applicable law
You hereby certify that you are physically located in the state you choose/have chosen as your current location. You acknowledge that your ability to access and use Service is conditioned upon the truthfulness of this certification and that the physicians you access are relying upon this certification in order to interact with you. In the event that your certification is inaccurate, you agree to indemnify Aster Facilities and the physicians you interact with from any resulting damages, costs or claims as set forth in the indemnification section below.
- “Cookies” are information placed by a website onto your computer through temporary internet files. These cookies do not contain sensitive information about you. They are simply present to help Aster E-Platforms analyze data about customer preferences that help Aster to customize the website for your future visits. As a consumer, you have a choice whether to accept or decline cookies. You may not be able to use all of our website’s capabilities if you do not accept our usage of cookies on the website.
- You will need to register with Aster E-Platforms to use any Services. To register, you or your legal guardian or your appointee (together referred to as “you”) must be at least 18 years of age and must provide true, accurate, complete and current information (including name, date of birth, email address, credit/debit card details, mobile telephone number and other details) as requested during the account creation process. If you are under the legal age of majority, you shall not register.
- You agree, as the User, to not create duplicate accounts, and have only one account linked to your name.
- If the registration is for a person other than yourself, you will need to have the authority of the person whose registration is done of Aster E-Platforms. You will provide us with any details that we may require confirming that you have such authority. The Company shall reserve the right to reject service if it is not satisfied that there is adequate authority or the source provided is not authentic.
- By registering yourself on Aster E-Platforms, you warrant that the details you provide to the Company are correct and complete and you agree that you will inform the Company immediately of any changes to those details (e.g. change of email or postal address). You can access and update your details using the “My Account/My Profile/Equivalent Functionality” area of Aster E-Platforms. You authorise us to use any information provided to us to verify your information (including any updated information), to obtain an initial credit authorisation from your credit card issuer at the time of registration, at Company’s sole discretion. Your application for registration is dependent on acceptance of the same by Company, in its sole discretion.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password and for preventing unauthorised access to your profile. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. Please take all necessary steps to ensure that your username and password is kept confidential and secure. Please inform the Company immediately if you have any reason to believe that your username and/or password has become known to anyone else, or are being, or are likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse access to Aster E-Platforms, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel/reject orders, at Company’s sole discretion at any time. If the Company cancels an order, it will be without charge to you. If an order is cancelled by you, there may be a delivery charge applicable if the order is processed or appointment is booked or delivery personnel is on his or her way for delivery.
- The User agrees not to access or use the Service in any unlawful way or for any illegitimate purpose.
- The User agrees not to:
- Use, store or transmit any information that is incorrect, inaccurate or misleading;
- Transmit any messages via the Service with a false identity;
- Transmit any message or information that violates the intellectual property of another person or corporate entity;
- Utilize any information that is obscene, defamatory or predatory in nature.
- The Company is not the manufacturer of the Products sold via Aster E-Platforms. We source products only from authorized suppliers and do our best to ensure that information provided on Aster E-Platforms is accurate, but we do not warrant that it is correct, complete, reliable, current or error-free at all times. You should not rely solely on the information presented on Aster E-Platforms and you should read labels, warnings and directions provided with the Products and consult your UAE licensed physician before purchasing any products on Aster E-Platforms. Actual product image may differ from the packaging however the quality of the Products are guaranteed.
- Not all medical Products are suitable for all medical ailments and potentially their use may interfere with treatment you are receiving or aggravate a condition. You should check with your licensed physician before using any medical Product.
- Prices of all products are inclusive of VAT, while Prices of some products may be exclusive of VAT and will be indicated in the relevant invoice. Prices may change at any time due to revisions or other price changes advised from suppliers, vendors or governmental authorities. These price changes can reflect on Aster E-Platforms at any time throughout the day and may result in increased or decreased price of a Product. These revisions can be permanent or temporary and any changes in prices are at the discretion of the Company and are in line with pricing guidelines from suppliers, vendors and governmental authorities. You agree to pay the listed price applicable at the time of confirmation of your order and billing by us.
- There may be errors in the pricing that appear on Aster E-Platforms or during the order process. We will try to resolve, in good faith and in accordance with applicable laws, any issues that may arise as a result of such errors. You need to cooperate with us to resolve such issues, and you agree that we shall have full discretion to determine the appropriate resolution in such cases.
- We accept orders for Products subject to availability.. If for any reason the Products you ordered are no longer available, we will contact you using the contact details you supplied when placing your order and either: (i) offer you an alternative Product of equivalent quality and price if this is possible; or ii. cancel the Product from your order and give you a full refund in respect of that Product.
- If we are unable to contact you or do not receive a response from you, we will process any remaining Products on your order and refund you for the Products we are unable to supply.
- By ordering Services, you agree to pay the full amount payable for such Services as indicated during the order process, along with any shipping costs or other charges applicable to that order.
- We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate your account or cancel orders, at our sole discretion.
- You may pay for the Services which you order online using Aster E-Platforms by providing your credit/debit card details, by paying cash on delivery, or by other accepted online payment methods. You may also use combination payment with multiple options of cash, card payment, accepted online payment methods or gift vouchers.
- If you make a payment for Services ordered using Aster E-Platforms, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our third party payment provider via a secured connection (“PAYMENT GATEWAY”).
- We reserve the right to cancel your transaction processing account at any time for any reason, at which time we will return the payment amount entered in the Payment Gateway, in an appropriate and reasonable timeframe.
- We reserve the right to refuse processing Services to you at any time for any reason. You also maintain the ability to discontinue use of the Payment Gateway at any time for any reason. Active recurring payments must be deleted before use of Services is discontinued. It is your responsibility to terminate any and all recurring payments on your account before relocating or moving, otherwise charges will continue to be assessed to your billing account during the period designated for recurring payments to take place.
- If you believe a transaction was made improperly, we in our sole discretion may void, issue a credit, or rescind any transaction made through the Payment Gateway prior to remittance of such payment to your payee. Payment disputes arising after payment has been settled to your payee are between you and payee alone. We may act as an intermediary if our actions can reasonably and efficiently handle said problem.
- Aster E-Platforms can only be used for the delivery of Services in the UAE.
- Once an order is received, we will communicate the expected delivery date and time of the Product delivery. It is to be noted that Delivery dates are indicative only. If there is any issue with fulfilling the order, our customer support team will reach out to you with the required details and assistance.. We are not liable for any delay in delivery due to unforeseen reasons including but not limited to force majeure events, product unavailability, transport delays, natural calamities or any other reason beyond our reasonable control.
- Delivery occurs when the ordered Products are delivered to the delivery address you specified when placing your order. At this point, responsibility for loss, breakage and damage passes to you. Ownership of Products purchased passes to you when payment is received by us in full and the product is delivered to you / authorized person. You will be asked to provide a delivery OTP (One time password) to the rider which you will receive as an SMS from us. Please check that the Products are correct and have been received in good condition prior to providing the OTP to the rider
- If you are not at the delivery address, we will assume that any adults that are present at the delivery address are authorized by you to take delivery of the Products that you have ordered. For POM, if above criteria are not met or if there is no one at the delivery address, we will not leave the Products at the delivery address. We will contact you to arrange an alternative delivery time.
- While we aim to ship all Products in your order together, this may not always be possible due to Product characteristics or availability.
- Please note that all deliveries will be shipped with an invoice setting out the price.
- Free shipping applies for orders above a certain order value. For all other orders, shipping charges will apply which shall be mandatory and will be included in your order payment amount as a pre-calculated fee These prices and the order threshold value are subject to change without prior notice and you should refer to the terms and conditions document for updated prices and order threshold value. Any deliveries to be made in a stipulated period of time or date may attract additional charges determined by Aster E-Platforms and the same will be specified on the order value before placing an order.
For certain products like sunglasses, eyewear and contact lenses, you may avail our Home Try On option, where we enable our customers to select upto 5 products and our sales/ delivery agent will bring the chosen products to your house and you can choose to either buy a product(s) of our choice after trial or elect not to purchase. Mode of payment would be online payment through the website.
Customer can choose to subscribe for contact lens by signing up for our subscription services. There is no minimum length of contract and customer can cancel as per their convenience.
Mode of subscription (period): Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, yearly
Payment: Through website only
Supply: As per the mode of subscription chosen by customer
- Aster E-Platforms believes in helping its customers as far as possible and therefore, has a liberal cancellation policy.
- Under this policy cancellations of orders is permitted at any time before the order is taken up for processing.
- Unless required by law, Aster E-Platforms do not accept cancellation requests for perishable or temperature sensitive items. However, a refund and return can be made for such items if you establish, in our sole opinion, that there is a deficiency in the integrity of the packaging or product.
- There can be certain circumstances, beyond our control, where you could receive a damaged/defective Product or a product that is not the same as per your original order. We shall replace the product with the same Products as per the order, at no extra cost. In such circumstances, before using the Product, please get in touch with our Customer Service Team, within seven (07) days of receiving the Product , who will guide you on the process for replacing the product, at our Customer Service number 800 700 600 or write to us at [email protected]. The Customer Service Team shall review the return or refund request and has the discretion to approve or reject the refund.
- Where Products are not damaged/defective we will only accept return of certain Products on a case by case basis under these Terms. Aster E-Platforms does not accept refund or return requests for perishable items or temperature sensitive items. The return process for Products ordered through Aster E-Platforms can be amended by us, in our sole discretion and may depend on the nature and category of the product ordered.
- Please notify us of receipt of a damaged/defective Product(s) within maximum 48 hours of delivery of the Product.
- Products to be returned must be in the same condition as you received them, including keeping hygienic seals. Unless required by law, used or opened products will not be replaced under any circumstances.
- We do not accept returns for consumables.
- Products should be returned in their original packaging along with the original price tags, labels and invoices.
- It is advised that the returned packets should be properly packed so as to avoid further damage to goods in transit.
- Please contact our Customer Service Team directly or place a return request on the app and/or website within 7 days of receiving the shipment to arrange for collection of your return. One of our drivers or shipping partners will pick up your return. Once collected your return will be inspected by us to determine if the return is acceptable.
- Once we have found the basis for the return acceptable, in our sole opinion and the Product has been received by Aster E-Platforms, then the refund will be processed based on the mode of payment of the order. Orders paid by credit/debit card and other payment methods except for cash on delivery will be refunded by credit back through the original payment method within 15 workings days. However, we shall not be responsible for the delay in refund due to delay in processes of banks or due to a public holiday or bank closure. For all cash on delivery payments, a refund will be made by way of voucher/(s) of the equivalent AED amount or by bank transfer within 15 working days.
- AGREEMENT TO DEAL ELECTRONICALLY; ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND NOTICES
- By clicking "Submit" on any step of a transaction on Aster E-Platforms, you agree to conduct such transaction by electronic means. You understand that by clicking the box titled "I agree to the Terms & Conditions", you are agreeing to conduct an electronic transaction and to use and receive communications through electronic means. You agree to enter the requested information electronically via the Internet and to be notified regarding any transaction electronically through the email address you have provided. You understand that electronically signed documents have the same legal effect as hard copies with ink signatures.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, we will give you any notices regarding Aster E-Platforms by posting them on Aster E-Platforms. To fulfill our obligations to you under these Terms, we may wish to communicate with you by email and/or by posting notices on Aster E-Platforms. You agree to receive communications from us electronically and that electronic communications will satisfy any legal requirement for communications that need to be in writing.
- The Company tries to keep all information on Aster E-Platforms up to date, but it may not be correct all of the time. You should independently check the information you use is correct. You agree that you use Aster E-Platforms at your own risk. If you find any incorrect information, you can notify the Company by calling or emailing at the details specified in the Contact section below.
- You must not conduct or promote any illegal activities while using Aster E-Platforms. This includes any activities that (in Company’s opinion) breach copyright, infringe on privacy or infringe any other third party rights, as well as activities that are defamatory to third persons. To do so may lead to prosecution.
- All content on Aster E-Platforms is for general information purposes, it is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on Aster E-Platforms.
- You must not use Aster E-Platforms to generate unsolicited emails, spam or promotional materials to other users. You must not do anything to cause damage to Aster E-Platforms or other users of the Aster E-Platforms, including any technical damage to other computers. You must not send any viruses or other material designed to adversely affect the operation of Aster E-Platforms, affect any other users of the Aster E-Platforms or affect any equipment or any data on Aster E-Platforms. You must not attempt to gain access to Aster E-Platforms or the system that runs Aster E-Platforms. You must not interfere with the security of Aster E-Platforms, its services, system resources or network. You must not use Aster E-Platforms in any manner that could damage, overburden or impair Aster E-Platforms or harvest or otherwise collect any information about other users. You must not change, edit, add to or produce summaries of its content anywhere else. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Please note that it is illegal to provide false information or fraudulently obtained information regarding the credit/debit card or without the consent of the cardholder. Any party engaged in illegal activities involving the use of Aster E-Platforms may be subject to prosecution. The Company does not guarantee that the Company will be able to prevent any illegal or inappropriate use of Aster E-Platforms or will give notice of any illegal or inappropriate use of Aster E-Platforms.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- CHANGE AND CESSATION OF OPERATIONS
- The Company reserves the right to change or correct any errors or omissions on Aster E-Platforms and to alter, limit or discontinue the provision of any of the services provided via Aster E-Platforms, at any time without prior notice to you. The Company will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information on Aster E-Platforms, but it reserves the right to delete, modify or supplement the content available on Aster E-Platforms at any time for any reason without prior notification.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND ADVERTISEMENTS
- Aster E-Platforms may contain links to other websites. The Company makes no representations or warranties as to the content, privacy practices and other practices of any websites operated by a third party and the Company does not assume responsibility for the content or practices of such websites. You should check the terms and conditions and privacy policies for all third party websites you visit to understand their procedures.
- If you use any material or visit any linked website, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive material. The Company does not endorse and is not responsible for the use of or the content of any third party websites. The Company is not responsible for anything that may happen when you use them.
- Aster E-Platforms’ content is protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights. The Company or its affiliates or its licensors, retain all rights in such content. You are only permitted to access and use Aster E-Platforms for personal purposes. You may not use Aster E-Platforms or any of its content to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own website. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any content or software contained within the Aster E-Platforms.
- The Company is not responsible for any error or inaccuracy in any advertising or sponsorship material available on Aster E-Platforms.
- The Company has granted you, the User, permission to download, and store any content only for your personal or private use. No reports or diagnosis generated through the Services or Aster E-Platforms may be utilized for commercial purposes.
- The User agrees not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, sell, publish or broadcast content received through the Service to anyone, including but not limited to others in your organization.
- Any accompanying documentation made available for download through the Service is the copyrighted work of the Facility or its licensors.
- User agrees not to tamper with any copyright notices, or tamper with or commercially use any trade mark, logo or names which includes both business names and domain names appearing on the Aster E-Platforms or in materials accessed via the Aster E-Platforms.
- USER CONDUCT AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
- You agree to comply with all legal requirements of the jurisdiction in which you are located with regard to your use of Aster E-Platforms and you acknowledge that you are entirely responsible for ensuring your own familiarity with such requirements and your own compliance with the same. Aster E-Platforms may at times provide opportunities for Users to post reviews and other comments, questions, suggestions or other information (“User Generated Content”). You warrant that any such User Generated Content submitted by you on Aster E-Platforms is original (and does not infringe the copyright of others), and you hereby grant the Company a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use such User Generated Content so submitted, without any further recourse to you and you hereby waive any moral rights in such User Generated Content. You agree that this license authorizes us to publish your User Generated Content and identify you as the source of that content by using the name or user name that you use to submit the content. You agree that you will not post any content that is contrary to morality, defamatory, inflammatory, that infringes copyright or that may otherwise breach common decency or be contrary to law. The Company has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and edit or remove any activity or User Generated Content and takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Generated Content posted by you or any third party.
- Aster E-Platforms and its content are provided on an "as is" and “as available” basis. The Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective suppliers and any of their owners, officers, directors, managers, members, agents and employees expressly disclaim (to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law) any and all express, implied and statutory warranties, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from computer virus, title and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content available on Aster E-Platforms.
- To the maximum extent permissible by applicable law, Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective suppliers and any of their owners, officers, directors, managers, members, agents and employees:
- Are not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages or loss (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) arising out of or in way connected with your use of Products or the use or inability to use Aster E-Platforms and its content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or any other legal theory and whether or not company is advised of the possibility of such damages; and
- Are excluded from any and all liability for damages caused by any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any communications due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or on Aster E-Platforms or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from use of Aster E-Platforms.
- Where it is not possible to exclude liability under applicable law, you agree that Company’s maximum liability for any corresponding claim shall be limited to the amount paid for the Services in question.
- In the event of any problem with the Service or any of its content (such as the advice rendered through the Service), your sole remedy is to cease using the Service.
- The Company shall not be held liable for any errors or omissions in any content, or any infringement of content belonging to third parties
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective suppliers and any of their owners, officers, directors, managers, members, agents and employees from and against any claims, liabilities, suits, judgments, litigation costs, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages (actual and consequential), fines, penalties and legal fees or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature arising from or in any way related to your use of Aster E-Platforms, including, but not limited to those brought by you or on your behalf in excess of the liability described above or by third parties as a result of your breach of these Terms, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party or your use of the Aster E-Platforms.
- The Company may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of Aster E-Platforms without prior notice, if it believes that your conduct is in violation of these Terms, applicable law or otherwise harmful to the interests of the Company or any third party. Notwithstanding, such termination or suspension, you agree that you will continue to be subject to the obligations that, by their nature, survive such termination or suspension, including the obligations relating to Intellectual Property Rights and User Generated Content.
- Relationship: None of the provisions of these Terms will be deemed to constitute a partnership or agency between you and Company and you will have no authority to bind the Company in any manner whatsoever.
- Severability: If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable and can be deleted such provision without altering the essence of these Terms, the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining provisions will remain in full force or effect.
- No Waiver: Any failure by the Company to enforce any terms set out in these Terms or other policies with you is not a waiver of Company’s rights to enforce those terms.
- AMENDMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We may at any time modify the Terms and Conditions of the Aster E-Platforms without any prior notification to you. You can access the latest version of the Terms and Conditions at any given time on the Aster E-Platforms. In the event the modified Terms and Conditions are not acceptable to you, you should immediately discontinue using the service of the Aster E-Platforms. However, if you continue to use the service you shall be deemed to have agreed to accept and abide by the modified Terms & Conditions of this Aster E-Platforms.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Terms shall be governed by the laws of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Any dispute regarding these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Dubai.
You can contact us regarding the Services or these Terms on toll free Customer Service number 800 700 600.
Possible Risks of Telemedicine:
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine. We believe that the likelihood of these risks materializing is very low. These risks may include, without limitation, the following:
- Delays in medical evaluation and consultation or treatment may occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment which may include poor video and data quality.
- Security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information.
- Lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other negative outcomes.
By accepting these Terms, I acknowledge that I understand and agree with the following:
- I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine.
- I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of your personal medical information to medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that all information will be part of my medical record and available to me by printing the summary from the visit. This information will have the same restrictions on dissemination without my consent.
- I understand that Service via Platform is not intended for emergency consultations and I am aware that you need to contact local emergency services in case of any doubt. In an emergency, I understand that it is my responsibility to advise my local practitioner and that the telehealth provider’s responsibility will conclude upon the termination of the video conference.
- I understand and I am aware of the alternative treatment options available to me, and I am choosing to participate in a video consultation. I understand that some parts of the exam involving physical tests may be conducted by clinical personnel at my location at the direction of the consulting healthcare provider.
Except to the extent already relied upon, you understand you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing [email protected] to withdraw your consent and inactivate your account.
You understand that your healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for treatment, payment and healthcare operations purposes. Psychotherapy notes are maintained by clinicians but are not shared with others, while billing codes and encounter summaries are shared with others. If you obtain psychotherapy services, you understand that your therapist has the right to limit the information provided to you if in your therapist's professional judgment sharing the information with you would be harmful to you.
I further understand that my healthcare information may be shared in the following circumstances:
When a valid court order is issued for medical records.
Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence.
Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone's health or safety.
- PATIENT CONSENT TO THE USE OF TELEMEDICINE
I have read and understand the information provided above, and understand the risks and benefits of telemedicine, and by accepting these Terms I hereby give my informed consent to avail telemedicine services under the terms described herein.
By accessing this platform, you are consenting to receive care via the service.